Home Birth Package
Bay Area home birth : A home birth package is a perfect option for mothers who are interested in receiving personalized care during birth and would prefer to avoid unnecessary interventions from a hospital. As your midwives we provide tailored care during pregnancy, birth, and six weeks postpartum.
We will begin our journey together in the prenatal stages, meeting consecutively for hour-long visits. These visits are designed to deepen the relationship between you and your midwife. We want to ensure you and the baby are staying physically and emotionally stable throughout this entire process. We also administer routine lab tests to check the physical health of you and your baby.
We are readily available for any questions or concerns you may have during your pregnancy journey. Remember, we’re only a phone call away, so please don’t hesitate to call.
Once it’s time for your baby to arrive, together we will determine the best time for us to join you at your home. With the support of a birthing assistant, Lea will arrive fully prepared and equipped with all necessary supplies. A comfortable and inviting space will be created to ensure your labor goes smoothly and with effortless ease.
After your baby is born, we will stay with you for 4-6 hours if needed. Following the birth, we’ll check for any tears or necessary repairs, ensure you’ve eaten, and clean up. We perform a comprehensive newborn exam, check vitals, and make sure everyone is healthy and stable. Feeding assistance is also provided if needed.
Within the first six weeks following the birth, Lea will return for in-home postpartum care. This time is to guarantee you and the baby are staying healthy – emotionally and physically. We are professional’s with our experience we ensure mother’s and child remains healthy through out the birth process. Now you don’t have to search for home birth midwives near me we are here to serve you.
- One on one hour long prenatal visits in your home for the duration of your pregnancy
- Focus on emotional and physical health throughout
- Nutritional counseling
- A complete handbook of information regarding pregnancy, birth and baby care
- Email and phone support to answer any questions or concerns
- Attendance at the birth of your baby with a
primary midwife and assistant
- The option of water birth
- Birth Tub
- All available lab work and diagnostic tests
- Help filling the birth certificate for your baby
- Postpartum visits at your home for 6 weeks
- Support and guidance for feeding your baby
Water Labor & Birth
Waterbirths are proven to be an excellent pain reliever. 75% of our clients have used a birthing tub or bathtub at one point during their labor. Midwives like to call it the “natural epidural” because of water’s innate ability to soothe and prepare the baby for birth.
Water is a natural relaxer and I’ve witnessed first hand the relaxing and pain-relieving benefits it brings mothers. Its great abilities to cope and manage pain levels are astounding. You have the choice to labor, birth, or deliver your baby in the tub. Everyone knows what their body needs which is why we allow you the choice.
Proven benefits of water labor and birth:
- Facilitates mobility
- Enables the mother to change positions
- Speeds up labor
- Reduces blood pressure
- Allows the mother more control
- Provides significant pain relief
- Promotes relaxation
- Conserves the mother’s energy
- Reduces the need for drugs or intervention
- Reduces perineal trauma and eliminates episiotomies
- Reduces cesarean rates
- Highly recommended by mothers and experienced providers
- Gentle welcome for the baby